Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2023 about hardware
Why playing to Amstrad CPC games with a keyboard or a joystick (original or USB) when you can play differently : with an IR remote control ? It's what has done Poulette73 but you will need the RSF3 expansion by TMTLogic. And the programs must be adapted as you will see in two videos :
- Tetris DotBAs (Francesc ALCAUCER) (see below)
- Nibbler (Mosaik Software) and Devil Highway (L.M.C. Software)
Poulette73 is presenting the RSF3 on CPCRulez.
His last making is the MegaLambda-x6(++), an Amstrad CPC expansion backplante with no less than 6 slots. You can desactivate individually each connected card. It features :
- Six standard MX4 expansion slots
- Passthrough edge connector (like LambdaBoard I, II)
- Passthrough pin header connector (like MotherX4)
- Keyhole in edge connector for hardware that requires it (e.g., DKTronics Retro Speech Synthesizer, ...)
- Wide signal traces for good signal conductivity
- Extra wide traces for GND and VCC - unlike other backplane expanders for the CPC, MegaLambda is capable of powering the DDI-1 and DDI-3 without requiring an extra power supply
- Backplane powered from either the CPC or an external 5V power supply via standard barell jack (center polarity positive)
- Double jumpers (for better conductivity) to select between CPC power and external power
- Power LED (only) if external power supply is used - polarity check!
- The 5V / VCC line of the CPC expansion port is physically disconnected from the backplane if external power is used; only GND is shared with the CPC
- CPC Reset button
Several presentation videos are available :
- the initial presentation by LambdaMikel (see below)
- the second presentation by LambdaMikel of the upgraded MegaLambda
- the presentation of Manfred Gross's Amstrad CPC which is using the MegaLambda to connect the Ultimate Midi card (also by LambdaMikel), the RSF3 by TMTLogic, and much more !
RetroVirtualMachine v2.1.8 by Juan Carlos González Amestoy was released the 1st September 2023. It's an Amstrad CPC emulator for MacOS, Windows and Linux.
The C4CPC isn't made anymore by Gérald due to lack of time and exploding costs (x3).
- the adaptater has a chip for ACID protection bypass
- The adapters include a solderless jumper (one jumper is included, and extra jumpers can be purchased, required for ACID bypass)
- 3.5mm jack allows connecting a BackButton (to move back in the menu without touching the backbit pro, some systems such as Amstrad require an included solderless jumper) or a GenAssister
- Supports cartridge images (BIN/CPR) up to 1MB in size
- Real-time-clock remembers date & time even after shutoff. Useful when creating new files or versions
- One-button diagnostic mode helps you identify system faults (on most systems)
- Upgradeable via MicroSD card
The 4th version of the HxC Floppy Emulator Manager is available.
It features :
- User can now edit up to 20 slots (previous version: 15 slots was the max.)
- New UI, removed the old "demomaker style" presentation, now displaying more files on screen (with longer filenames)
- DEL key added to move back to parent folder while navigating
- The manager now skips DSK files when using a HxC SD/Slim device
- The Help page now reports the firmware version + build date of the Manager
- Switched compilation to SDCC 4.2.0 (resulting better Z80 implementation)
- Now compiled using RASM from roudoudou (previous version: Pasmo)
- Now compressed using ZX0 packer (previous version: the good old Bitbuster)
- Smaller binary (11KB) resulting a faster load from BASIC prompt (previous version: 16KB)
It remains compatible with the 64KB RAM-based machines, and the ROM version is sdirectly available into the AUTOBOOT.HFE file.
Rodrik Studio has done another video, the second about using an Amstrad PC 1512 without its original monitor (WIP), following the first video where he was using a breadboard.
Wawa.voun had made a FPU extention card (floating point unit) for Amstrad CPC.
Rodrik Studio has done another new interesting video, this time about using an Amstrad PC 1512 without its original monitor (WIP).
For our Amstrad computers, there is only an alternative remplacement for the disk drive of the CPC, PCW and PPC using the FlashFloppy firmware, so an alternative to a Gotek.
For more news, Go to home page