New articles are available on 64 NOPS, a blog about programmation on Amstrad CPC by Hicks (Vanity) and Toms (Pulpo Corrosivo). There is a english translation of a french one by Tom and Jerry about musical composition software, and more articles about the FDC by Roudoudou (in french) :
Archives for the month September 2021 of Genesis8 Amstrad Page
ACE v1.24 is available. Since v1.22, this emulator can use plugins which emulates :
- Amdrum (Cheetah) sound card which lets play 8bit samples, seen in ads a percussion synthesis
- X-Mass IDE interface
- Albireo card by PulkoTronics
- MultiPlay : supporting mices and joysticks
- Mirage Imager (a primitive Multiface Two)
- Multiface Two (new with v1.24)
- Nova by PulkoMandy, RTC and NVRAM support
- Amstrad SSA-1 Speech Synthetizer
- DK'Tronics speech synthetize
A SDK exists if you want to program your own plugin for the ACE emulator.
You can download a first beta version of an upgraded Elite by Fessor which is available on CPCWiki :
- Splashscreens 1 and 2 revised, Splashscreen 2 is now a showcase similar to the 16bit Elites
- The mechanics of the BBC disk version, which reloads various shipsets, have been reproduced
- In the savegames it is now noted which shipset is active, they are therefore incompatible with the officially published versions, so you have to start a new career
- Routines for loading / saving savegames in order to be compatible with future changes to the game (encryption against program code deactivated)
- Unused code commented out and a little over 1000 bytes gained. This may be enough to retrofit the two missing missions (Hunting the Constrictor / delivering Thargoid-Plans), but I have to take a closer look at that in the BBC code
An information that I missed to relate in time : RUN! is an Amstrad CPC intro by BSC (code, music) and Rexbeng (graphics).
This is not the V9990 Powergraph Light Rev 2 with built-in adapter by Tecnobytes, which is a MSX cartridge for MSX or Amstrad CPC which you can connect with the Amsdap (MX4 with a cartridge slot), see Prodatron's video in 2018.
Several programs are being written for SymbOS using this graphic card, including FlappyBird.
Beware this graphic card needs an analog 15 kHz signals through discrete RGB connectors (VGA, DVI-A, and/or SCART), check the 15khz wiki.
Noel Llopis has written an Amstrad CPC diagnostic ROM which is now version 1.2 and whose sources are available on Github.
Changes since v1.1 are :
- fixing model detection
- changing the RAM detection algorithm to be able to tell bad RAM from no RAM
- Vendor and refresh frequency display
- Detection of Plus ROMs (English, Spanish, and French)
DSK lib v0.14 is a a golang library to handle Amstrad CPC disk images (.DSK) by Impact, coming with an command line utility (CLI). To compile the executable : go build -o dsk cli/main.go
Martine v0.30.0 is an utility written by the Impact group :
- converting JPG and PNG images to Overscan screen or window for Amstrad CPC (and Plus series)
- new tile map mode, which allow to analyze an image of a level game, and produce .imp and .til readable by tile tool from Impact
The last available version is v0.30 which was released the 14th September 2021. It is available for Windows, MacOS, ARM64 and linux.
For more news, Go to home page