Archives for the month June 2013 of Genesis8 Amstrad Page
I am looking for help to correct the way I write in english : with an axe.
If you are interested, see the contact link above, or write to my gmail address (genesis8bit), thanks in advance.
CPC-Power is down following being hacked
Sadly, it wasnt a white hat who could have helped Kukulcan to correct the security problem.
Happily, the site will be back, just with less features. At least we will have its important content back.
GameBase CPC v27 is available since the 10th May 2013.
Only available as a full version, please download only 1 file at a time.
ACE v1.5 by Philippe Rimauro is an Amstrad CPC emulator for MorphOS. This last version now emulates the CPC+.
SAMdisk v3.7 by Simon Owen is out since the 24th June 2013.
The utility supports transfers between floppy disks and disk images, and is designed to work with almost any soft-sectored disk format compatible with the PC floppy controller, including some copy-protected formats.
Low-level floppy device access requires the fdrawcmd.sys driver to be installed.
Version 3.7 (2013-06-24)
- Added support for KryoFlux and DiscFerret stream images (MFM+FM)
- Added preliminary support for D4M (FD-4000) disk images
- Added hex output with --hex or -x, with limited hex using --hex-ish
- Added --no-gap4b to ignore gap data after the final sector
- Added --abs-offsets to show absolute rather than relative sector offsets
- Fixed 'extra byte' EDSK extension being used unnecessarily on CRC errors
- Fixed crash during CPC weak sector sniffing due to no-data 4th sector
- Fixed regular image reading reporting transient disk errors
- Improved support for ED images, including 2.88M raw images
- Improved gap reading support for IPF images
- Changed raw track parsing to ignore headers with ID CRC errors
- Changed raw image writing to use only first cyl to determine format
- Relaxed D2M sniffing by removing system partition type (0xff) check
- Reduced gap sync requirement to remove more unwanted gaps
The last version of the CPCDiskXP utility is available on CPCMania.
- DSKEditor - Small changes to fix problems with PCW. Single side dsk's seem to work perfectly in the editor and the emulator.
- GENERAL - Sometimes the main interface buttons are cut off and can not be pressed (as shown in the image above), usually in Vista and W7 if you increase the default font size, is finally solved.
Cesar Nicolas Gonzales did update BB4CPC (v8) on the 27th March 2013.
You will find on CPC-Live a windows remake of Cauldron by Devilmarkus. There are 3 version (english, french and german : Hexenküche).
Viridis Cosmos Games released in 2012 a windows remake of Target Renegade with joystick support (2 persons) and 8bit or updated graphics.
For more news, Go to home page